Thursday, July 2, 2009

Day 11: Visiting Relatives 2

We went to my aunt's (who is really my mother's cousin... so she's a second cousin I guess?) production studio, which used to be a branch off of my uncle's film studio. All they really do there is provide the equipment and stuff to make promotional movie trailers and posters, so it's really small.

Anyway, there was really nothing to do there, so my mom got her cousin's son to take me and my older brother (yes people, OLDER. Now stop thinking I have a younger brother) to Xi Men Di, which is a place for the younger generation to hang out. And when I say "got", I mean forced through constant pestering and lies saying that I always wanted to go there, even though I've never heard of the place before. And when I mean a place for the younger generation to hang out, I mean outside mall--having all the benefits of a mall: really big, impossible to navigate, merchandise with outrageous prices, really crowded, etc. and sharing none of the drawbacks--no air conditioner, no map, no easily accessible bathroom, etc.

Anyway, having nothing in mind to buy here (since neither my brother, my cousin or I is fashion-conscious), we went to play pool at an internet cafe... go figure. We played an odd vairant of pool called 21, which uses point-scoring system rather than a target ball system. Guess what the goal of the game is. I'll give you a hint: it has to do with 21. Figure it out? It's to reach a certain number of points (usually around 60) by pocketing balls. Where does the 21 come in? Nowhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment